We love to watch our students change and grow. In the same way, we are cheering on our staff as they develop new skills and transition into new roles at Wesley. We have already shared about the new principals and assistant principals this year. But other staff at Wesley have taken on new positions as well. Congratulate them on their new roles when you see them!
- Ambree Hammond started at Wesley in 2016, and she is excited to connect with students. "I am privileged to be a small part of their life’s story," she says. She has taken on the role of EIP (Early Intervention Program) Teacher for 1st grade this year. EIP Teachers work across the grade level with students who need additional academic support.
- Krystal Jordan has been our PYP Art Teacher, but this year she is moving into the classroom to teach 3rd grade! We are glad to welcome her to this new role in the classroom!
- Christina Jordan has been teaching at Wesley since 2016, and many students have enjoyed her 2nd grade classroom. This year, she will serve the whole grade as 2nd grade EIP Teacher.
- Donald Mason provided leadership to our MYP program as MYP Principal for four years. This year, he's serving as the Director of Strategic Initiatives. Dr. Mason will focus on our charter renewal process, as well as strategic planning for the school.
- Alexa Moran loves working with students because they are bright, funny, and eager to learn. "I look forward to seeing them every day," she says. As we begin a new school year, Ms. Moran is transitioning to the role of EIP Teacher for 4th grade.
- Amy Odle started in the front office at Wesley in 2019 and says she loves getting to know other families in the Wesley community and working with great people. This year, we welcome her to the role of Office Manager.
- Alva Rowland loves music, and she has been Wesley's PYP Music Teacher since 2017. She is now transitioning into the classroom to teach 5th grade!
- Latrice Sturghill was the 4th grade EIP last year, but she has taken on a new role for the upcoming year. Ms. Sturghill now has the title of MTSS/RTI (Multi-Tiered Systems of Support/Response to Intervention). She works with data and teachers to make sure every student has the academic and behavioral support they need to grow!
- Teri Swain loves seeing students excited to come to school because of the relationships they've built. After teaching 5th grade, Ms. Swain will now serve Wesley as IB (International Baccalaureate) Instructional Coach.
- Tracy Trammell says the favorite part of her job is creating "out-of-the-box instruction for students that they will remember for a lifetime." In her new role as Instructional Technology Coach, she has the opportunity to support teachers and students at Wesley.
We're grateful to have each and every one of these individuals on our Wesley team! They bring experience, energy, and expertise to their roles, and we look forward to how they will impact our students and staff this year!