We're excited to add some amazing new staff to our team this year. We can't wait to see how these new additions challenge and encourage our students. We know you're going to shine! Help us welcome these new members of the Wesley family:
- This year Kenneth Scott joins Wesley as our new PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) Coordinator. He says he loves celebrating students for exhibiting positive behavior. We are excited about the expertise he brings to our School Support Services team!
New PYP Staff
- Sharye Gilbert, new to 2nd grade this year, says her favorite thing about her job is when her students learn new concepts. She says, "I enjoy watching them gain knowledge." She loves spending time with her family and participating in her alumni organizations. She has degrees from The University of Memphis and The University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
- Nikki Thierry says her favorite thing about her job is the staff. She says, "From security officers to teachers, custodians, and administrators—the entire Wesley staff is simply awesome!" She enjoys hitting the dog park and other pet-friendly venues with her rescue chihuahua, Chi-Chi. She is a member of the Junior League and enjoys community volunteering through the organization. We're so glad she's joining us this year as a paraprofessional on the Exceptional Education Team!
- Also coming on board our Exceptional Education Team in 2nd grade is Shakirah Shivers. Ms. Shivers says her favorite thing about her job is consistently working with students with unique and different learning styles, which makes her teaching experience inclusive of all students.
- Jasmine Redding will be getting to teach students about the wonders of music for both entertainment and communication this year as our music teacher. She enjoys knitting and listening to different musicians and genres of popular music on the radio.
- Our specialist team has certainly grown this year as we also add Jasmin Sledge, the new PYP Art Teacher. Ms. Sledge says her favorite thing about her job is seeing all the children and their love for art. She enjoys coaching softball and making creative art pieces in her free time.
New Staff MYP
- We're happy to welcome Rajnish (Raj) Sing to the 7th grade team this year. He will be teaching ELA.
- Robert Smith is also on the 7th grade teaching staff, teaching math.
- 7th grade is going to be amazing this year with these great new teachers. We also welcome Hannah Mattson. Ms. Mattson says her favorite thing about her job is the relationships with the students and watching them grow in confidence as learners and in who they are as individual people as the year goes on. She enjoys spending outside on her front porch reading a good book, going on long walks through the park, yoga, gardening, and cooking big meals.
- Coming to 8th grade ELA this year is Nelijah Hankerson. We're so glad you're here!
- Brien Singleton will be teaching science to our 6th graders this year!
- Rayona Jones says her favorite thing about her job is educating the future. Welcome to the MYP team as a special education teacher, Ms. Jones!