Uniform Details for the 2021-22 School Year
|Shirts||Red Short or Long Sleeve Knit Pique (Polo) Shirts with Logo Patch (PYP)||Grey Short or Long Sleeve Knit Pique (Polo) Shirts with Logo Patch (MYP)||Wesley Spirit Shirts (available in School Store)|
|Bottoms||Black Shorts: Pleated, Fashion Fit, or Flat Front||Black Pants: Pleated, Fashion Fit, or Flat Front Slacks||Black Skort||Skirts: Black or Plaid (Black, Red, and Grey). Skirt available at approved vendor.|
|Layers||Red V-Cardigan Sweater with Logo Patch or Monogram||Black V-Cardigan Sweater with Logo Patch or Monogram||Wesley Spirit Sweatshirts/Hoodies (available in School Store)|
|Jackets||Black Full Zip Fleece Jacket with Logo Patch or Monogram||Red Full Zip Fleece Jacket with Logo Patch or Monogram|
|Accessories||Solid Black Belt||White or Black socks or leggings||Closed toe, comfortable shoes *see note below|
Any closed toe, comfortable shoes with the exception of the following: sandals, slippers, heelies, bowling shoes, clogs, light up shoes, tall boots, etc. Shoes must be appropriate for students to safely participate in physical activities (i.e. physical education classes, recess).
Wesley International Academy reserves the right to determine whether certain clothing items, by appearance and style, fall beneath expected appearance standards.
For more information, please view Wesley's uniform policy.
General Considerations for All Students
- Daily compliance: Students must comply daily with all uniform components, including shoes, socks, belts, and sweaters.
- Cleanliness: Uniforms should be neat and clean at all times.
- Hair: Hair must be appropriately groomed so as to not cause a disruption or generate unnecessary attention during the school day. Barrettes and other hair accessories must be red, white, or black.
- Makeup: Light makeup and light, clear, lip-gloss is permitted.
- Jewelry: The only permissible accessories are earrings and watches. Both must be modest in appearance so as to not generate attention or cause a disruption within the school.
- Outerwear: Students may wear outerwear (jackets and coats) of their own choosing to school. However, only the WIA Red or Black sweaters are permitted inside the halls and classrooms.
- Confiscated Items: Accessories or articles of clothing found in violation of the Dress Code will be confiscated and will be returned to the parent or guardian.
Wesley uniforms – including patches – are available at Prestige Uniforms. Prestige Uniforms will also adhere patches for a fee. You can order in store or online. They are available at 404-349-3100 or their locations in Greenbriar Mall and South Dekalb Mall.
Wesley PTSA runs an on-site School Store that sells uniform-approved t-shirts, hoodies, and more.
PTSA Used Uniform Sale
The Wesley PTSA holds Used Uniform Sales throughout the year and at PTSA meetings. All proceeds benefit the PTSA, which supports the Wesley school community.
If you can volunteer or want to donate gently used uniforms, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wesley Uniform Closet
We keep a variety of uniforms at the school in case of accident, illnesses, or for students who are out of uniform. If you have any uniforms to donate, please drop off anytime to the nurse’s office or email the PTSA at email@example.com. Other items we accept are soap, deodorant, dental hygiene, and feminine hygiene products.
Determinations of hardship will be made on a case-by-case basis. Families who experience hardship may notify the school in person or in writing. When possible and related to circumstances, the school will make efforts to support the family in need. However, it remains the responsibility of the family to ensure that students are properly dressed each day.
Contact: Ms. Johnson
Wesley students must arrive and leave school properly attired. If a student arrives at school out of uniform, parents will be notified by 9:00 a.m. with a request to either pick the child up or to correct the infraction.