Your child’s education is extremely important, and we’re honored you’re considering Wesley International Academy. We are a unique and innovative K-8 charter school, serving students of diverse backgrounds in Atlanta.
Founded in 2006, Wesley is an International Baccalaureate World Programme School. Our IB curriculum supports the development of internationally-minded students by incorporating global engagement, intercultural understanding, and multilingualism. Every Wesley student studies Mandarin Chinese beginning in Kindergarten and continuing through 8th grade.
Our IB education offers academic and personal rigor. Wesley students are challenged to excel both academically and in their personal growth.
We are currently still accepting applications and offering seats for the 2022-23 school year. Submit your application today!
Who Can Attend Wesley?
Wesley International Academy is a free, public charter school open to any student (K-8) living within the Atlanta Public School zone. There are no primary and secondary zones. Current enrollment demand exceeds capacity, and attendance is based on a lottery each spring. Charter schools, as well as public schools, must comply with state and federal regulations, and our admissions are open to students in accordance with the school’s charter agreement.
Ready to Learn More? Take a Tour!
We are offering all prospective families the opportunity to visit and learn more about our school. During the tour, participants will be able to view the facility, meet Wesley staff, and have questions answered about the school program. Register for a tour today! All tours will be held from 10:00 - 11:00 am on the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Wednesday, December, 2022
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Siblings of students who attended Wesley International Academy during the previous school year.
- The children of teachers, staff, and board members at Wesley International Academy not falling under the criteria above, including children of teachers and staff who live outside of the City of Atlanta.
- Students residing within the Atlanta Public School Zone. Click on the following link to verify whether your address is in the APS attendance zone: https://maps.apsk12.org/
Most grades do have a waitlist each year. As openings become available, we notify our waitlisted students. We do not maintain a waiting list from previous school years. All parents must re-submit an application for the following school year during that year’s application period.
To inquire about your child’s waitlist status, please visit SchoolMint.
Timeline for 2023-24 Enrollment
Our 2023-24 new student application is conducted through SchoolMint. SchoolMint is an application platform that allows parents to apply to multiple schools, and for multiple students within a single application. This will make applying for any charter school within the Atlanta Public School system easier and more transparent. With SchoolMint, you will receive communications about the application process, as well as automatic updates about the lottery and wait-list positions. You can see more information about this process on the Atlanta Public Schools website here.
Important Application Dates for 2023-24:
January 3, 2023 - Application Opens
January 4, 11, 18 at 10:00 am - In-person school tours for 2023-24 Families. Register for a tour.
February 28, 2023 - Application Deadline to be included in lottery. (All applications submitted after February 28, 2023 at 11:59 pm will be waitlisted)
March 7, 2023 - Lottery Results Released
March 21, 2023 - Deadline to Accept or Decline Wesley Acceptance
General Timeline for Enrollment:
Specific dates can be found on our School Calendar.
- November/December/January – School Tours
- January – Enrollment Application Is Available
- February– Application Deadline
- March – Lottery & Acceptance Notifications
- April – New Student Registration
- April – New Kindergarten Round Up
Application for admission for 2023-24 is live starting January 3, 2023. Apply here.
Contact our Registrar
Ms. Hudson, (678) 904-9137
All downloadable files are PDFs and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open them.