Wesley students wear uniforms to foster school pride, promote a dignified school climate, and encourage professional personal appearance. Uniforms are required daily with the exception of occasional “Dress Down Days,” which are announced in advance.
|Shirts||Red Short or Long Sleeve Knit Pique (Polo) Shirts with Logo Patch (PYP ONLY)||Black Chinese T-shirt – Available through Wesley only (ALL GRADES)||Black Dragon Boat T-shirt – Available through Wesley only (ALL GRADES)||Grey Short or Long Sleeve Knit Pique (Polo) Shirts with Logo Patch (MYP ONLY)|
|Bottoms||Black Shorts: Pleated, Fashion Fit, or Flat Front||Black Pants: Pleated, Fashion Fit, or Flat Front Slacks||Black Skort||Plaid (Black, Red, and Grey) Skirt|
|Layers||Red V-Cardigan Sweater with Logo Patch or Monogram||Black V-Cardigan Sweater with Logo Patch or Monogram||Wesley Hoodie or Sweatshirt – Available through Wesley only|
|Jackets||Black Full Zip Fleece Jacket with Logo Patch or Monogram||Red Full Zip Fleece Jacket with Logo Patch or Monogram|
|Accessories||Solid Black Belt||White or Black socks or leggings||Black Shoes *see note below|
Footwear must be solid, all-black without embellishments of any kind. Low top shoes or sneakers are allowed, as well as Mary Jane-style shoes. Not allowed: Boots, sandals, moccasins, bowling shoes, or clogs. In addition, no two-toned, multi-colored, striped, or multi-toned shoes will be permitted.
Wesley International Academy reserves the right to determine whether certain clothing items, by appearance and style, fall beneath expected appearance standards.
General Considerations for All Students
- Daily compliance: Students must comply daily with all uniform components, including shoes, socks, belts, and sweaters.
- Cleanliness: Uniforms should be neat and clean at all times.
- Hair: Hair must be appropriately groomed so as to not cause a disruption or generate unnecessary attention during the school day. Barrettes and other hair accessories must be red, white, or black.
- Makeup: Light makeup and light, clear, lip-gloss is permitted.
- Jewelry: The only permissible accessories are earrings and watches. Both must be modest in appearance so as to not generate attention or cause a disruption within the school.
- Outerwear: Students may wear outerwear (jackets and coats) of their own choosing to school. However, only the WIA Red or Black sweaters are permitted inside the halls and classrooms.
- Confiscated Items: Accessories or articles of clothing found in violation of the Dress Code will be confiscated and will be returned to the parent or guardian.
Wesley uniforms – including patches – are available at Prestige Uniforms. Prestige Uniforms will also adhere patches for a fee.
Prestige does not have online ordering, but they are available at 404-349-3100 or their locations in Greenbriar Mall and South DeKalb Mall. More information on how to acquire uniforms, as well as a full listed of prices, can be found here.
PTSA Used Uniform Sale
The WIA PTSA holds Used Uniform Sales throughout the year and at PTSA meetings. All proceeds benefit the WIA PTSA, which supports the Wesley school community.
If you can volunteer or want to donate gently used uniforms, contact email@example.com.
WIA Uniform Closet
We keep a variety of uniforms at the school in case of accident, illnesses, or for students who are out of uniform. If you have any uniforms to donate, please drop off anytime to the nurse’s office or email the PTSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other items we accept are soap, deodorant, dental hygiene, and feminine hygiene products.
Determinations of hardship will be made on a case-by-case basis. Families who experience hardship may notify the school in person or in writing. When possible and related to circumstances, the school will make efforts to support the family in need. However, it remains the responsibility of the family to ensure that students are properly dressed each day.
Contact: Ms. Johnson
Wesley students must arrive and leave school properly attired. If a student arrives at school out of uniform, parents will be notified by 9:00 a.m. with a request to either pick the child up or to correct the infraction.