Our active PTSA supports the needs of students, parents and faculty of the school.
It’s Election Time for 2014-2015 School Year!
The WIA PTSA is accepting nominations for WIA PTSA officers for the 2014-2015 school year. The nominating committee is responsible for selecting and presenting the slate of officers at the PTSA General Assembly and election meeting on Tuesday April 29, 2014. Deadline for nominations is April 15, 2014. You may nominate another parent or yourself.
WIA PTSA positions: President, Executive Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, VPs for Auction, Communications, Enrichment, Fundraising, Green & Healthy, Membership, Parental Involvement.
The Nominating Committee will review nominations for elected offices, may conduct interviews and submit a Nominating Committee report to the Board of Directors and to members of the PTSA at the election meeting.
The nomination process will follow this general schedule:
• Deadline for submitting nomination form for officers: April 15, 2014.
• Report of Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committee will post a report indicating the nominees for each elected position on April 19, 2014, ten days before the election meeting.
• Candidate Interviews: The Nominating Committee will review all nominated individuals and will conduct interviews of all qualified nominees. For the most part, these interviews will be conducted during the Nominating Committee meetings. However, other arrangements will be made for nominees who are unavailable during these meetings. All nominees will be notified of specific time for the interview and allowed an opportunity to consider any office prior to making a decision.
• Election Meeting: The nominating committee will give the report on April 29, 2014 at the PTSA general meeting.
• Election of Nominating Committee at general meeting: April 29th at 6:30 in WIA Auditorium
2013-2014 WIA PTSA Officers
Executive Vice President
Vice President of Communications
Vice President of Fundraising
Vice President of Enrichment
vacant – if interested in the position, visit the PTSA Volunteer page
Vice President of Membership
Vice President of Parent Involvement
Co-Vice Presidents of Auction
Vice President of Green and Healthy