It’s time to move! Watch our kick-off video here. Join us anytime in November for WEsley’s MOVEmber Virtual Run/Walk/Bike/Skate to support our Red Thread Annual Fund. Remember, student registration is FREE!
Who is MOVEember for? Anyone! We welcome parents, students, teachers, or anyone who wants to help us move forward in November. You can choose your own movement and distance. Log miles to raise money for Community, Equity, and Inclusion at Wesley.
How much should I move? As much as you can! Since we have the whole month dedicated to completing 2021 miles together, do as many events/miles as you desire. 100% of the funds that you raise will help keep ALL students and families connected to the school community, their academics, and their relationships. There will be fun individual and group prizes for most miles and most money raised!
How can I get involved?
- Get moving! Run, walk, bike, or move as many miles as possible during November. Be sure to post videos/photos on social media using #WesleyMovesTogether
- Join a grade-level team! Just because we have to socially distance doesn’t mean we can’t move together. Run, walk, bike, or skate and submit your miles to support your grade level team.
- Support a teacher! Support a teacher or staff member by donating to their page, joining their team, or moving alongside them.
- Challenge others and fundraise together! Create an individual fundraiser and join your grade level, fundraising team. You (or your grade level team) can invite others to donate towards your race by asking a grandparent or sharing on social media. You can set an individual fundraising goal and try to raise more than your friends or another grade level team.
What’s the goal? We have three school-wide goals for the race: to complete at least 2021 miles, to raise $10,000 for Community, Equity, and Inclusion at Wesley, and to have fun virtually, yet together!
Prizes will be provided for:
- Group Prizes:
- PYP grade level that completes the most miles
- MYP grade level that completes the most miles
- PYP grade level that raises the most money
- MYP grade level that raises the most money
- Individual Prizes:
- The student who completes the most miles
- The teacher or adult who completes the most miles
- The teacher or adult who raises the most money
So, Wesley…are you ready? Let’s move!