The China Summer Programme process has begun for summer 2019! This unique program is an exceptional opportunity for students at Wesley International Academy to travel internationally and become fully immersed in Chinese language and culture through a month-long study at Nanjing University.
Students are in classes Monday-Friday morning and have afternoon activities that include community service, friend exchange at the local high school, painting and calligraphy, martial arts, cooking, and local field trips. Every evening, students have a 2-hour long study hall to complete assignments, improve their reading, writing, and speaking. They are able to work in groups for peer coaching. Each weekend the group travels outside of Nanjing for weekend trips to historical sites and famous cities. CSP students are taught to be independent and resourceful in the classroom, as roommates, as group members, and as individuals.
Application packets have been delivered to students in 5th and 6th grade and will be available in the front office or upon request.
- Applicants must have passed the Youth Chinese Test (YCT) III or above.
- Applicants must currently maintain a passing grade in Chinese, with satisfactory conduct.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at Wesley International Academy as a 5th or 6th grader
Application Process and Fundraising Timeline:
- May 8, 2018, 6:30 pm: China Summer Programme Q&A
- May 25, 2018: CSP application deadline
- June 1, 2018: CSP Interviews (applicants will be notified)
- August 10, 2018: CSP applicants notified of the decision
- September 1, 2018: CSP commitment letters and initial deposit due
- September 13, 2018: First CSP family meeting
If you have questions, please contact Ms. Durdin (firstname.lastname@example.org).